Air Duct Cleaning in Napa
If you’ve recently moved into a new home one of the first things many people look into is to improve their indoor air quality. Did you know about 1 in 10 people actually take the time to hire a professional for air duct cleaning, what this does is clear the home of any leftover dirt the previous residents may have unknowingly left. While air duct cleaning in Napa is popular, there’s really more to it that you might not know.
Reasons Customers Ask For Air Duct Cleaning in Napa
- Just moved to a new home and want to clear out the “junk” from the previous owners
- There are cold spots in the home
- Regular maintenance to keep the air clean
- To address respiratory or other health problems.
You May Not Need to Clean Your Air Ducts
Even though these all sound like great reasons, cleaning out the air ducts won’t necessarily solve these specific problems, and if not performed correctly, they could actually cause damage to the air duct infrastructure or unnecessarily loosen up debris that could make health problems worse. By purchasing an air purifier in Napa it may actually help address your indoor air quality concerns better than just cleaning the air ducts.
There are times we will strongly recommend air duct cleaning, for example:
- Pest infestation in the ducts.
- Visible mold growth or contaminants (only have your ducts clean AFTER the cause of the mold has been identified and fixed, including the removal of wet insulation).
- Build up that blocks air flow (it’s extremely rare to have that much build up, but we have seen it once or twice).
The Real Question to Address is “What Am I Trying to Fix?”
Rather than assuming your ducts need cleaning and spending the extra money to have them cleaned, Bigham’s expert Comfort Advisors are here to help. We guarantee to spend time listening to your needs and to help you determine if cleaning your air ducts is truly the best option for addressing your problem. If you decide to have your ducts clean, Bigham’s will perform a pre-inspection to make sure your system is “fit” to withstand the cleaning, which is especially important in older systems to make sure cleaning them won’t cause any damage.
If you’re considering air duct cleaning in Napa, you can trust Bigham’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning to help you find the right solution for addressing your indoor air quality and air duct cleaning needs. Contact us today for a consultation and quote!