Air Duct Cleaning in Santa Rosa
Have you moved into a new home recently? About 1 in 10 people hire out to a professional for air duct cleaning, quite often as a way to improve indoor air quality and clear the home of leftover dirt from the old residents who lived in the house before them. While air duct cleaning in Santa Rosa is popular, there’s really more to it that you might not know.
Reasons Customers Ask For Air Duct Cleaning in Santa Rosa
- Just moved to a new home and want to clear out the “junk” from the previous owners
- There are cold spots in the home
- Regular maintenance to keep the air clean
- To address respiratory or other health problems.
You May Not Need to Clean Your Air Ducts
While these all sound like good reasons, cleaning out the air ducts won’t necessarily solve these specific problems, and if not performed correctly, they could actually damage the air duct infrastructure or unnecessarily loosen up debris that could make health problems worse. Purchasing an air purifier in Santa Rosa may actually address your indoor air quality concerns better than cleaning the ducts.
There are times we will strongly recommend air duct cleaning, for example:
- Pest infestation in the ducts.
- Visible mold growth or contaminants (only have your ducts clean AFTER the cause of the mold has been identified and fixed, including the removal of wet insulation).
- Build up that blocks air flow (it’s extremely rare to have that much build up, but we have seen it once or twice).
The Real Question to Address is “What Am I Trying to Fix?”
Instead assuming your ducts need cleaning and spending the money to have them cleaned, Bigham’s expert Comfort Advisors will instead, spend the time listening to your needs to help you determine if cleaning your air ducts is truly the best option for addressing your problem. If you decide to have your ducts clean, Bigham’s will perform a pre-inspection to make sure your system is “fit” to withstand the cleaning, which is especially important in older systems to make sure cleaning them won’t cause any damage.
If you’re considering air duct cleaning in Santa Rosa, you can trust Bigham’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning to help you find the right solution for addressing your indoor air quality and air duct cleaning needs. Contact us today for a consultation and quote!